Vistas VMACU 1C + 1 Whole warrant
12 months extendable to 18 at $0.10 per 3 months.
1W + 11.50. Call 18.
globally, with a focus on North America, Europe and Asia, for target companies within the M&E sector.
• Abhayanand Singh, our co-founder and one of our directors, is the Chief Executive Officer of Vistas Media, based in Singapore, and Chairman of the Singapore South Asian International Film Festival.
• A seasoned banking and investments professional who successfully transitioned into the M&E industry in early 2014, Mr. Singh set up Vistas Media in Singapore with a vision of offering a robust platform for accredited high net-worth individuals and institutional investors to derive superior returns from the fast-growing content media space across Asia and the United States, with a special focus on India and China.
• Mr. Singh has been successful in building the Vistas Media brand across the wider industry network through joint collaborations with seasoned media industry players and investing into IPs such as the Critics Choice Film Awards and Critics Choice Short & Series Awards in India, which is a joint collaboration with the Film Critics Guild of India and Group M’s Motion Content Group.
• With over 16 years of work experience and knowledge across banking, hedge funds and the M&E industry, Mr. Singh has developed a special expertise in managing financial and media investments.
Saurabh Gupta, CAIA
• Saurabh Gupta, our co-founder and one of our directors, is the founder and managing director of M! Capital Ventures Pte. Ltd., a Singapore-based media investments firm and managing partner of The Asian Film Fund — Series 1, a Mauritius-based media investments firm.
• Over the last five years, his media ventures have invested in over 12 films across productions and distributions, which have been successfully released worldwide, including China theatrically and across several leading OTT/digital platforms globally. In his personal capacity, Mr. Gupta has co-produced several additional films in India and Hollywood, which are at different stages of production and due to release over the next 6 to12 months.
• He is a highly experienced banking, asset management and media investments professional with over 20 years of work experience, the majority of which has been spent in leading senior functions within the banking industry (Bank Julius Baer, ANZ Bank, ABN AMRO Bank and Citibank) and the M&A consulting industry (Arete Financial Partners) and managing a hybrid capital markets and media investments fund within the motion pictures business.
• Mr. Gupta was an Adjunct Faculty member at Singapore Management University’s School of Business in 2008 teaching Financial Services Marketing and Wealth Management.
F. Jacob Cherian
• F. Jacob Cherian, our Chief Executive Officer and a director, has been the Chief Executive Officer of two Nasdaq listed special purpose acquisition companies.
• Mr. Cherian brings deep capital markets, M&A, public/private equity, and management consulting expertise. He has experience in all facets of capital investing, including raising investment capital, sourcing and negotiating investments, building management teams, providing strategic guidance, and creating strategies to provide attractive returns.
• His prior work experience includes JP Morgan & Co. as an associate; KPMG LLP, as a Director; and Computer Sciences Corp., as a partner.
• Mr. Cherian was an Adjunct Professor of Finance at St. John’s University, Tobin College of Business MBA Program in New York for ten years.
• Ben Waisbren, our director nominee, is the Principal of Virtually There Holdings LLC d/b/a Ben Waisbren & Associates, which advises media companies and firms involved in distressed situations.
• Mr. Waisbren served as Chief Executive Officer and Chief Restructuring Officer of NanoMech Inc., a nanotechnology company that he led through a Chapter 11 case and its sale to a global company.
• Mr. Waisbren was on the board of Wild Bunch AG, the German-listed, Paris-based award-winning film co-production and distribution company for 10 years.
• Mr. Waisbren also held attorney positions at Lord Bissell & Brook LLP (now Locke Lord LLP) and Winston & Strawn, LLP, during and after which he was engaged by the U.S. Department of Justice in the 1Malaysia Development Berhad money laundering matter.
Dr. Klaas Baks, Ph.D.
• Dr. Klaas Baks, our director nominee, is a recognized thought-leader in alternative investments and entrepreneurial finance, the Co-Founder and Director of the Emory Center for Alternative Investments and a Finance Professor at Emory University’s Goizueta Business School since 2002.
• Dr. Baks is the Atlanta Chair for TIGER 21, one of North America's premier peer-to-peer learning networks for high-net-worth investors whose members manage more than $50 billion.
• Dr. Baks serves as director or advisor for various companies and investment funds with over $1.5 billion in assets under management, including American Virtual Cloud Technologies, Buckhead One Financial, JOYN, Peachtree Hotel Group, and TWO Capital Partners.
• Dr. Baks’s research, teaching and writings focus on issues in alternative investments, entrepreneurial finance and investment management. He has also been recognized with nine awards, including Emory University's highest award for teaching excellence.